Final Research Project Awards 2017-18
For the 8th consecutive year, IBEI has granted the Final Research Project Awards. The winners of the awards receive €200. This year there are two ex aequo awards which will receive €100.
The committee for the selection of the IBEI Final Research Project Awards 2017-2018 agreed to award the prize to students Maria Nizzero, Anna De Marchi and Rosemary Tasker, and two awards ex aequo for Benjamin Jance and Fabian Steuer.
Furthermore, 3 Final Research Projects have been awarded a diploma and a qualification of distinction, stated in the academic transcripts.
Final Research Project Awards
- Maria Nizzero (Master’s in International Relations), Ungoverned spaces: Why some jihadist groups engage in public service delivery more than others
- Anna De Marchi (Master’s in International Security), Yes We Fear: An issue saliency analysis of the impact of terrorist attacks on electoral campaigning rhetoric in Europe
- Rosemary Tasker (Master's in International Development), Child Marriage Amongst Syrian Refugees: A Rational Response?
Final Research Project Awards ex aequo
- Benjamin Jance IV (Erasmus Mundus Master’s in Public Policy (Mundus MAPP)), Rapid buses, rapid opinions. A frame analysis of the media coverage surrounding bus rapid transit (BRT) systems in Bogotá, Colombia and Jakarta, Indonesia
- Fabian Steuer (Erasmus Mundus Master’s in Public Policy (Mundus MAPP)), Machine Learning for Public Policy Making. How to Use Data-Driven Predictive Modeling for the Social Good
Final Research Projects with Distinction
- Vera Pober (Master’s in International Relations), Gender-Specific Migration Patterns in the Context of Political and Economic Upheaval: The case of Tunisia
- Sofia Ammassari (Master’s in International Security), Contemporary Populism in India: Assessing the Bharatiya Janata Party’s Ideological Features
- Caio Cesar Paccola Jacon (Master's in International Development), Increasing freedoms in Sao Paulo: Promoting Development through decentralization and participation