IBEI-UPF semester-long programs for undergraduate students 2017-18
IBEI provides a wide range of academically demanding courses which have been carefully selected and approved and taught by reputed IBEI faculty.
The academic programs reflect some of the areas of expertise for which the Institute is acknowledged, and comprise of topics that guarantee a sufficient and integrated offering in the areas of International Studies.
The IBEI Study Abroad Program offer is listed by the UPF Study Abroad Programme and has been specially designed to fit the needs of the increasing number of international students that want to spend a semester or a full academic year in Barcelona.
- European Union Polítics
- International Relations Theory
- International Relations of the Mediterranan
- International Political Economy - International Security studies
- Governance and Globalization
- Development and Conflict Resolution
- Latin American Politics
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Fall: May 30 | Winter and Spring: October 30
- Applicants should have a 3.0 GPA minimum at their schools of origin and have completed at least one semester of college level Spanish
- The program may suit students with a good understanding of Spanish, as well as those with only one semester of Spanish language, since all courses are instructed in English
- Applicants should come from a university or study abroad provider that has a study abroad partnership with UPF
ACADEMIC STRUCTURE, COURSES, AND CREDITS
The IBEI-UPF International Relations program has an Academic Coordinator who will be in charge of advising students on-site. The program requires a full semester course load (normally 4-5 courses, equivalent to 24-30 ECTS credits). Students can combine courses from this program with Spanish Language courses (all levels, from beginners to Heritage Speakers) or Culture courses at the Hispanic and European Studies Program.