We use our own and third-party cookies to perform an analysis of use and measurement of our website, to improve our services, as well as to facilitate personalized advertising by analysing your browsing habits and preferences. You can change the settings of cookies or get more information, see cookies policy. I understand and accept the use of cookies.



IBEI strongly recommends that you open a bank account in Spain, especially if you are considering extending your residence permit after one year. There are many options and banks do not usually require much documentation.


You can walk into any bank and ask to open a bank account. Make sure you have some of the basic documentation you might need.


When opening a local bank account, make sure you have your ID/passport with you (if you have your TIE it will be preferred), as well as your IBEI acceptance letter and your empadronamiento certificate.