Foreign Policy: theory and practice; some relevant case studies in the beginning of the XXIst Century
- 10 hour course by Pere Vilanova (Universitat de Barcelona-IBEI)
- 28, 29 & 30 June & 1-2 July (17:30 - 19:30h CEST)
- Format: face-to-face and online*
1. Intro, Foreign Policy. Theory and Practice in World Politics.
2. Models of Foreign Policy. Actors and Decision Making Process.
3. Case Studies:
- USA, China, Russia
- UK, France, Italy, Spain
- Regional International Organisations and States Foreign Policies: NATO, OSCE, EU.
- Other cases: Israel, Scandinavian States, India/Pakistan
4. The role of Foreign Policy in World Politics in the XXI Century.
*The format will be online and hybrid (classes will run simultaneously face to face and online to allow students to choose the modality that best suits their needs).