Susana Gonzalez Ruiz, IBEI Alumni 2004-05
1. Why did you choose IBEI Master’s?
After having studied Sociology, I realized that what it really appealed to me was the difference among different cultures and societies. The IBEI Master International Relations offered to me a wide approach to this from economics, politics, culture, law…
2. What is your experience at IBEI?
Apart from learning all these different aspects of international relations, I’d like to highlight the experience of working with students from many other countries and learning from teachers who are experts in their respective fields.
3. Describe your career path since graduating from the IBEI
I studied a second Master in France, which allowed to me to obtain a scholarship to work in the Catalan Delegation in France. After that, I returned to Spain where it was very difficult to find a job. I finally began to work at AMEC, as head of the studies unit and I was promoted as Director of Knowledge & Foresight in 2021.
4. How did the master programme prepare you for the work you're doing now?
Giving to me the 365 approach the international relations.
5. Is this more or less what you pictured yourself doing after the master programme?
No. In fact, I thought that I would work in some public or social organization.
6. What advice would you give to current students who want to follow this career path? / Some advice to future IBEI students?
I would recommend having a clear idea of why they are studying the Master.
7. What do you miss most about IBEI?
It was the first promotion and the Master was too theoretical without connection with companies or organizations where I could apply what I learned.