The Spanish Network of Development Studies (REEDES - Red Española de Estudios del Desarrollo) and the Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI) call for abstracts of communications and posters for the VI International Conference of Development Studies (VI CIED), entitled "Peace, Security and Development: transformations and challenges". The VI CIED will be held at IBEI's facilities and at the Ciutadella campus of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona) from 8 to 10 June 2022.
The thematic lines of the VI CIED for which proposals for abstracts of communications and posters may be sent are the following:
- Perspectives and critical thinking on development
- The politics and practice of humanitarianism
- Political violence, armed conflict and development
- Political economy of development: contemporary, historical, and institutional dimensions of poverty and inequality in the Global South
- Global and regional governance challenges: development, security and human rights in a (post) pandemic world
- Natural resources and development
- Migration, ethnicity and development
- Ecological sustainability and (post)development
- International cooperation system: actors, instruments, financing and alternative views of cooperation
- South-South cooperation for development: its new geopolitical and geoeconomic configuration
- Urban development
- Education policy, globalisation and sustainable development
- Feminism and development
- Social and solidarity economy
To participate in the VI International Conference of Development Studies
1. Send your abstract of maximum 300 words, in Spanish, English or Catalan, through the EasyChair, specifying whether it is a paper abstract or a poster abstract.
- Start of abstract submission: 4th October 2021.
- Abstract submission deadline: 23rd January 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- Notification of accepted abstracts: 7th February 2022.
Abstract submission guidelines:
- The title should not exceed 120 characters.
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words.
- Add up to 5 keywords.
- The abstract should be sent in one of the three languages (Spanish, English or Catalan) chosen for the paper or the poster.
- Example of abstract with the required format.
2. Once the abstracts have been evaluated by the thematic lines’ coordinators and by the members of the Scientific Committee, the authors will be notified of their acceptance. The authors of the accepted abstracts will be able to send their papers following the instructions that will shortly be announced and following the dates that appear in the timeline.