Data Protection Policy
In accordance with Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“RGPD”) and the national legislation implementing it, the Fundació Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI) informs you about the processing of your personal data for which it is responsible as Controller of those data.
For what purposes are your data processed?
- To allow your application to be processed, as well as your admission and registration for any of the Master's programmes, courses or academic tuition provided by the IBEI.
- To enable the academic, financial and administrative arrangements required for the provision of the academic services related to the programme for which the student has registered.
- To enable the handling and management of the student's internships and academic activities in companies, institutions, organisations or other centres, both in Spain and abroad.
- To process applications for grants or financial assistance.
- To manage student exchanges with other centres.
- To send communications regarding IBEI's educational offer, news or events even after completion of the course.
- To authorize IBEI to take pictures or videos of its academic activities or events (course opening and closing ceremonies) for IBEI's informational and promotional purposes.
On what lawful basis does IBEI process your data?
- Your data will be processed to provide you with the services contracted, on the basis of contract compliance.
- With respect to communications sent by IBEI after completion of the course, on the basis of consent.
- With respect to communications sent during the course contracted for, on the basis of the legitimate interest of IBEI to communicate activities relevant to the students' course of studies as well as direct marketing to provide information on IBEI's academic offer.
- With respect to images taken in the course of academic activities or ceremonies, on the basis of consent.
Which third parties will we share your data with?
- University centres awarding or jointly awarding degrees with IBEI.
- Centres or third parties involved in managing internships or exchanges.
- Other communications required for the provision of the services contracted, such as managing students' payments and insurance.
International data transfer
In certain circumstances, basically in student exchanges, student data can be transferred to third parties outside the EEA, but only as long as such transfer is required for the correct provision of the services contracted.
For what period of time are we going to process your data?
- Generally speaking, your data will be processed for the time required for the provision of the services contracted. However, we will store the information on IBEI's academic activities – as well as those of other university centres awarding or jointly awarding degrees with IBEI – which we are legally bound to keep.
- With respect to communications sent to our alumni after completion of their courses, we will store and process your data unless you tell us otherwise.
What kind of data do we process?
- Identity and contact data: first name and surname, date of birth, address, telephone number, DNI/NIE/passport numbers, nationality, email address, picture.
- Financial data: bank account details.
- Health data: only if relevant in order to guarantee the correct provision of our services.
- Academic data: previous degrees, marks, etc., as well as all the academic information generated during the course.
Where did we get your data from?
In general, the data processed will have been provided by you or will by obtained by IBEI while providing our academic services.
To the extent that IBEI processes any personal data related to you, you are entitled to the following rights:
Access.- The data subject shall have the right to know whether the controller is processing his or her data and, if so, the right to obtain detailed information on certain aspects of the data-processing operations.
Rectification.- The data subject shall have the right to correct any inaccurate personal data and to complete any that are incomplete.
Erasure.- The data subject shall have the right to demand the erasure of his or her personal data within the limits set out by the law.
Restriction of processing.- The data subject shall have the right to request that his or her personal data stop being processed.
Opposition to the processing.- In some circumstances, and for private reasons, the data subject may oppose to the processing of their data. IBEI will stop processing the data, unless legitimate compelling grounds are given as well as in complaints procedures.
Right to data portability.- That is to say, the data subject has the right to receive their personal data provided by a controller for processing in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format to transfer it to another controller.
You can exercise these rights by sending the corresponding request to IBEI, c/ Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27, 08005 Barcelona or by e-mail to: email@example.com
What happens if you do not provide the data required?
All the data required are necessary for the provision of the services contracted. If we are not given some of the data required, it may not be possible to provide those services.
The right to present a complaint before the monitoring authority
If you consider it appropriate, you can make a complaint to the Autoritat Catalana de Protecció de Dades (Catalan Data Protection Authority) c/ Rosselló, 214, Esc. A, 1r 1a, 08008 Barcelona.