Adjunct Professor, UPF
Senior fellow Institut Universitari d'Estudis Europeus, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Andrea Noferini is a senior researcher at the University Institute of European Studies of the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona and adjunct professor at Universitat Pompeu Fabra. He holds a PhD in Politics and Economics of Developing Countries from Universitá degli Studi di Firenze and a MA in Political Science from Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
His research areas converge in the study of public policies and institutional reforms in Europe and Latin America. To date the majority of his published researches deal with European integration, decentralization and the impact of EU on member-states and Enlargement countries. His studies deals with mechanisms for participation of regional and local administrations in EU policy-making, the evaluation of public policies, territorial cooperation, cohesion policy, institutional and administrative capacity building and decentralized cooperation.
Member of the International and Spanish Associations of Political Science, he teaches in different master programs as expert in multilevel governance and European integration. He has participated in several projects and studies financed by national ministries as well as European and international institutions.
Background and education
- Ph.D in Politics and Economics of Developing Countries, Universitá degli Studi di Firenze
- Decentralized Cooperation
- Public Policy
- European integration
- 2016.El Govern de la Generalitat de Cataluña en la Unión Europea. La red de los actores..IEA-Recerca 2, Generalitat de Catalunya. Institut d'Estudis de l'Autogovern.Link
- 2012.The EU ‘partnership’ principle in practice: evidence from the cohesion policy in Spain.International Review of Administrative Sciences,
- 2012.The participation of sub-national governments in the Council of the EU: some evidence from Spain.Regional and Federal Studies,Vol. 22, N.4
- 2011.The European environmental policy: challenges and opportunities for candidate and potential candidate countries.Bellaterra, Barcelona:Institut Universitari d’Estudis Europeus and AECID.
- 2010.Evidence from Structural Funds implementation in two Spanish Regions.In: Simona Milio.From Policy to Implementation in the European Union: The Challenge of a Multi-Level Governance System.London:I.B.Tauris & Co Ltd..
- 2010.Decentralization in candidate and potential candidate countries.Barcelona and Sarajevo:Institut Universitari d’Estudis Europeus, Bellaterra and AECID.