IBEI statement on the situation in Ukraine
The Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals (IBEI), its international community of students, researchers, faculty and administrative staff condemn the invasion of Ukraine by the Russian military.
We express our deep concern at this unprecedented situation and join the university and research community around the world in demanding an immediate cessation of military action and the intensification of dialogue to solve the conflict.
We stand in solidarity with the Ukrainian people, both those forced to flee from danger and those seeking to stand up to aggression at great personal risk. We welcome the efforts of the European Union, the United Nations and other multilateral organizations to end the violence and provide humanitarian assistance.
We reiterate our mission to contribute to a more effective and democratic governance of international affairs through the training of new generations of professionals in international relations and political science, and underline our core values of respect, cooperation, dialogue and the peaceful resolution of conflicts.
Related publications & events
- War in Europe: A Roundtable. Available in video here
- Economic sanctions may make Russians’ lives worse – without stopping Putin’s assault on Ukraine by Abel Escribà Folch, published in The Conversation on 22 March 2022
- Rusia, Ucrania, la OTAN y la UE: ¿qué dice el Derecho internacional? by Óscar Fernández. Article published in Agenda Pública on 17 March 2022
- Genocide’ & Putin’s War of Destruction against Ukrainian Society, by Martin Shaw, published in Byline Times on 14 March 2022
- Ucraïna: el “moment crític” de la Unió Europea by Esther Barbé. Article published in Ara newspaper on 12 March 2022
- Hot War Today, Cold War Forever? by Jeffrey Michaels. Article published in Ara newspaper on 2 March 2022
- Do NGOs help or harm? The Overview podcast by The Week, with Miriam Bradley, 2 March 2022
- Ukraine: The Daily Intelligence Event published by Jeffrey Michaels at the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), 18 May 2022
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra: The war in Ukraine
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona:
- The UAB offers support to those affected by the Ukrainian conflict
- UAB takes steps and creates agenda to respond to the crisis in Ukraine
- The UAB in favour of peace
- Universitat de Barcelona: The UB with Ukraine