All applicants have to complete the online application form and upload the following documents:
- Undergraduate degree (certified copy).
If you have not completed your undergraduate degree during the admissions process, but you will have and obtained your undergraduate degree before mid-September 2019, you will also be considered by the Admissions Committee.
- Academic transcript (certified copy).
- Brief, up-to-date curriculum vitae
Please indicate both academic and professional experience, as well as extra-curricular activities that may be of interest to the Admissions Committee.
- For non-native speakers, proof of proficiency in English and/or Spanish (depending on which programme you wish to apply for). All applicants who do not qualify for a waiver will have to submit the result of one of the standard language exams accepted by IBEI.
- Motivation letter
Applicants should describe their personal, academic and professional (where applicable) experience and state the reasons for their interest in pursuing the respective master's programme (500-1,000 words).
- Two reference letters
Your referees will be able to submit their reference letters through the application system. You will have to provide their details in the respective section of the application form and the system will then contact your referees directly with instructions on how to submit their reference letters.
- Photocopy of identity card or passport
- Recent digital passport-sized photo
If the official documentation (for example the university degree and the academic transcripts) are not issued in Spanish, Catalan, English, French, Italian or Portuguese, you must also send us their Spanish or English translation by a sworn translator.
The curriculum vitae, the motivation letter and the reference letters must be submitted in English.
*In case you are applying for the Master's in International Relations bilingual track, the curriculum vitae, the motivation letter and the reference letters must be submitted in either English, Spanish or Catalan.