Aula Mediterrània Interdisciplinary Research Seminar
This event takes place as a complement to the series of lectures Aula Mediterrània 2022-23, a result of the collaboration between the IEMed and the academic world. It brings together experts and the latest research on various topics related to the Mediterranean.
Wednesday 29th March
10.00 – 10.20 Accreditations and coffee
10.20 – 10.30 Welcoming remarks
10:30 – 12:15 Parallel Sessions
12.15 – 13.15 Institutional event and Aula Mediterrània Awards ceremony for the Best Master’s Dissertations
- Senén Florensa, Executive President, IEMed
- Miquel Royo, Secretary for Foreign Action of the Government, Government of Catalonia
First prize awarded to IBEI student Christina Georgia Zacharaki for her project "The securitarization of migration in Greece: mapping the evolution of securitizing discourses between 1991-2021" in the framework of the IBEI Master's in International Security. More information
Margarita Petrova, Assistant Professor and Master's in International Security Coordinator at IBEI, will collect the prize on behalf of Christina Georgia Zacharaki.
13.15 – 13.30 Family photo
13.30 – 14. 30 The tradition of Arab Studies in Spain
14.30 – 15.30 Lunch break
15.30 – 16.30 Scientific and Academic Cooperation and Research in the Mediterranean
16:30 – 18:15 Parallel Sessions
- Session 4: Challenges and Opportunities of Energy Policies in the Mediterranean Context (co-organised by IBEI)
Chair: Jacint Jordana, director of IBEI and Professor of Political Science and Administration, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), Barcelona
- A Euro-Mediterranean Green Partnership in Geo-Economic Times? With Anna Herranz, Associate Professor of International Relations, Maastricht University
- The Renewable Energy Transition and Political Stability in the MENA Region. With Martijn Vlaskamp, Assistant Professor and Juan de la Cierva Incorporación Research Fellow, IBEI
- Electricity Public Policies in Northern African Countries. With Emmanuelle Mathieu, Senior Research Fellow at IBEI and Lecturer, University of Lausanne
- Session 5: Are Middle Eastern Regional Powers flirting with Russia and China?
- Session 6: Trafficking of Human Beings in the Mediterranean
If you are interested in attending this Interdisciplinary Research Seminar, please contact Laia Mestres (firstname.lastname@example.org).