Adrià Rivera Escartin
Predoctoral Fellow FPU
Adrià Rivera is a PhD candidate in the program Political Science, Public Policy and International Relations at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, under the supervision of Dr. Elisabeth Johansson-Nogués. He obtained a predoctoral contract from the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities (FPU). His fields of interest are European external action, in particular regarding the southern neighbourhood, and human rights and democratisation. He holds a Bachelor in Political Science from the Universitat Pompeu Fabra and a MA in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action from Sciences Po Paris.
Background and education
- (2018-) Phd student, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- (2015-2017) MA in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action, Sciences Po Paris
- (2013-2014) Erasmus, Sciences Po Paris
- (2011-2015) BA in Political Sciences, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- 2015. Extraordinary end of studies award, Political Science and Administration, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- EU foreign policy
- Human Rights and democratization
IBEI Research Clusters
- 2020.Supporting the Tunisian transition? Analysing (in)consistencies in EU democracy assistance with a tripartite nexus model.Democratization,DOI: 10.1080/13510347.2020.1792886Link
- 2020.Populist challenges to EU foreign policy in the Southern Neighbourhood: an informal and illiberal Europeanisation?.Journal of European Public Policy, DOI: 10.1080/13501763.2020.1712459,Link