Vacancy | Research Ethics and Data Protection Specialist (REPGOV project) - CLOSED
The Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI) invites applications for the position of a part-time Research Ethics and Data Protection Specialist to support the research project Representative Government Through Democratic Governance (REPGOV), funded by the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement No 101020966).
REPGOV connects the practice of governance with representative government by developing a novel theoretical framework and empirically evaluating its predictions in the context of contemporary Europe.
Tasks to perform:
- To develop and to disseminate ethics statements, policies, incidental findings policies and supporting forms/acknowledgements;
- To develop and to maintain the procedures for the handling and processing of personal data, aligned with GDPR and other applicable legislation, which may include (list provided as reference only):
- Information clauses
- Risk analysis / Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Deployment of security measures
- To attend to any data subjects’ rights exercise or security violations that may happen in the course of the project;
- To support to mission creep ethics and legal challenges;
- To prepare applications for ethics review for all REPGOV human subjects research in consultation with the principal investigator and other team members;
- To perform any other task that may be required to fulfil with the requirements of collaborating institutions, regulation changes or ethics standards adjustment.
- University degree in law, or at least two years of related experience;
- Postgraduate specialization will be a plus;
- High level of English and Spanish language proficiency.
- Dynamism, flexibility, and rapid adaptation to the role;
- Energetic and motivated personality;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Strong organisational capabilities and a collaborative spirit.
This half-time appointment is anticipated to be made for four years, starting in January 2023. Salary is commensurate with similar administrative positions at IBEI.
Applications must be submitted by January 23, 2023.
The application should be saved as a PDF (one single document) and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include:
- Current CV
- A Cover Letter