Adjunct Professor, UPF
Hani Anouti is an affiliated professor at Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals, associated professor at Universitat Pompeu Fabra, and a consultant for several International Organizations and INGOs. He holds a Ph.D. in Political Science from Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), Spain, with special focus on minorities and Middle Eastern studies. He has more than 12 years of experience with the United Nations and INGOs throughout the Middle East, in addition to seven years of academic and teaching experience within universities in Lebanon. He also frequently contributes articles to diverse Lebanese national and Arab regional newspapers.
Background and education
- (2018) Ph.D. in Political Science, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- (2011) MA in International Affairs and Diplomacy, Lebanese American University
- (2007) BA in Political Science, Lebanese American University
- Middle Eastern Politics
- Arab world
- Development Studies
- Authoritarian regimes
- Minorities' studies
- 2022.Religious Minorities in Secular Autocratic Arab Regimes: The Political Discrimination of Christians in Syria.Contemporary Review of the Middle East,Online FirstLink
- 2018.The consolidation of Hezbollah’s power over Lebanon.Capesic - Centre Anàlisi en Política Exterior i Seguretat Intl de Catalunya,
- 2018.The Economy of Minorities in Authoritarian Regimes – The Case of Syria and Egypt.International Journal on Minority and Group Rights,
- 2013.United Nations-NGLS Post 2015 Civil Society report for the UN Secretary-General.UN General Assembly, and the Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals,New York, USA
- 2009.United Nations Development Programmes, Arab Human Development Report - New York, USA.