Vacancy | Research Assistant (Research on Sanctions and Natural Resources) - CLOSED
The Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI) invites applications for a research assistant position to begin as soon as possible. The successful candidate will collect and analyze existing research about the reactions of third parties to sanctions on the trade in natural resources. The main interest is states and/or industry actors, which are subject to secondary sanctions or have been affected indirectly by international sanctions regimes.
The duties of the research assistant will be to:
- Search for relevant literature about the reactions of third parties to natural resource sanctions. In particular, (s)he will look for information about relevant case studies.
- Summarize the existing research on this topic
- Proofread publications
The skills required for this task are:
- Capacity to read and write in English
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with literature reviews
- Interest in sanctions policies
- The successful candidate will start as soon as possible. The task will end, at the latest, in mid-November.
- The working hours are flexible and can be arranged full-time or part-time.
- The total duration of the contract is 40 hours.
- The salary is commensurate with similar research positions at IBEI.
- There is no need to be physically present in Barcelona.
Applications must be submitted by 14 August 2022
Applications should include:
- A letter of interest
- A current CV that includes the contact information of two referees
The application should be saved as one PDF document and be sent to Martijn Vlaskamp (email@example.com). You can also contact him by email for any questions regarding the position.