Vacancy | Project Manager (international politics & development project) - CLOSED
The Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals invites applications for a project manager position associated to an ERC EU-funded project in the domain of international politics and development, led by Dr. Matthias vom Hau.
The successful candidate will be working on managing the day-to-day operational aspects of the projects. The project manager will also help to define and implement an action plan for keeping record of and maintaining all responsibilities of the projects. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Overseeing the administrative and financial aspects of the projects in accordance with the rules and procedures of the IBEI and the funding institutions.
- Administering contracts and agreements.
- Coordinating of project dissemination and communication activities
- Drafting intermediary and final reports, responding to inquiries, audits, and evaluations.
- Organizing seminars, workshops, and meetings, and making travel arrangements.
- Managing and amending budgets.
- Coordinating and maintaining contact with project partners and liaising with other research initiatives.
Applicants should hold a master’s degree in political science, sociology, or in a closely related field, or have at least two years of relevant work experience in managing research projects. They must be fluent in English and Spanish, have excellent personal and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to contribute to collaborative projects.
This is a part-time position (0.5 FTE) and can be combined with the obtention of a PhD. The position is anticipated to be made for three years, starting at the end of January 2023. Salary is commensurate with similar administrative positions at IBEI.
Applications must be submitted by 20 January 2023
Applications should include:
- Cover letter (in English)
- Current CV (in English)
The application should be saved as one PDF document and sent to: Cristina Astier (email@example.com)