Vacancy: Communications officer (REPGOV project) - CLOSED
⬇️ Download the PDF announcement
The Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals invites applications for the position of a part-time communications officer to support the research project “REPGOV: Representative Government through Democratic Governance”, funded by the ERC (European Research Council) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement No 101020966). REPGOV connects the practice of governance with representative government by developing a novel theoretical framework and empirically evaluating its predictions in the context of contemporary Europe.
- University degree in Communication Sciences, Advertising, Journalism or related field.
- Master’s degree will be a plus.
- Substantial previous experience working at an expert level in communication agencies, communication departments of institutions or companies, marketing, or public relations.
- Great knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (predominantly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign). Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in English (minimum English level B2 of English in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)) and Spanish.
- Good understanding of web design and the use of CMS tools (WordPress, OpenCMS, etc.)
- Knowledge of e-mailing platforms (Mailchimp or others).
- Knowledge of social media and web tools.
- Knowledge of science communication and the European research system will be a plus.
The successful candidate will have to be a self-starter with outstanding organizational, written and verbal skills; will be able to think and to execute strategically and creatively with visual and written content; and will be an excellent writer and editor with the ability to deliver complex content clearly and persuasively. The successful candidate will work well in teams and in multitasking environments.
This half-time appointment is anticipated to be made for five years, starting in January 2022. Salary is commensurate with similar administrative positions at IBEI.
Applications must be submitted by 30 October 2021 (included)
Applications should include:
- Cover letter (in English)
- Current CV
The application should be saved as one PDF document and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Carlos Sanchez. Research coordinator at IBEI).