Vacancy: Assistant Professor in International Security - CLOSED
⬇️ Download the PDF announcement
The Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI) invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the area of International Security, with a specialization in defence and security policy. The successful candidate is expected to start in September 2023. A five-year contract will be offered. A performance review for tenure will normally be undertaken at the beginning of the fifth year, or potentially earlier for candidates who already have a strong publication record.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in the field of international relations, political science, or related disciplines, and must demonstrate a good record of publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or books in academic publishers, and experience in projects of research, in the field of international security studies, or (in the case of applicants who have recently completed their PhDs) the promise of one. They should have obtained their Ph.D. degree in the five years prior to their application (career breaks excluded). Having excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute to research projects is also an essential merit for these positions. Assistant professors are expected to teach in IBEI’s Master’s programmes (taught in English) and participate in IBEI’s research activities and programmes.
Applications must be submitted by January 23, 2023
Applicants should send:
- A letter of interest summarizing their academic goals and potential contributions to IBEI.
- A complete curriculum vitae including a list of publications (detailing impact evidence).
- A sample of previous research (provide only two papers).
- An outline of a proposed research agenda for the next five years.
- A teaching statement (describing teaching methods and strategies to engage students).
- Three names for reference in case of being shortlisted.
Please send these documents by e-mail to Mr. Carlos Sanchez, research coordinator at IBEI (email@example.com). Reference letters have to be submitted directly by selected referees to the IBEI research coordinator.