Postdoctoral Research Fellow, ETHNICGOODS project, ERC
Juliette Crespin-Boucaud is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the ERC project "States, Nationalism, and the Relationship between Ethnic Diversity and Public Goods Provision (ETHNICGOODS)", coordinated by Dr. Matthias vom Hau.
Her research stands at the intersection of development economics, family economics, economic history, and political science. She is especially interested in understanding the formation of ethnic identities, with a regional focus on Africa. Previously, she worked as a Project Research Fellow at the London School of Economics (LSE). Juliette has a PhD and a Master’s Degree in Economics (Paris School of Economics).
Background and education
- (2021) PhD in Economics, Paris School of Economics (PSE) / Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS)
- (2015) Master in Economics, Paris School of Economics (PSE) / Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS)
- (2012) BA in Economics and sociology, University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and University Paris-Sorbonne
- Development Economics
- Ethnic Politics
- Economic History
- Identity studies
- Political economy
IBEI Research Clusters
- 2021.Parental divorces and children’s educational outcomes in Senegal.World Development,145Link
- 2020.Interethnic and interfaith marriages in sub-Saharan Africa.World Development,125Link