Juan Guillermo Vieira Silva
Universidad Nacional de Colombia (Colombia)
Juan Guillermo is currently taking his doctorate in Political Studies and International Relations at the Universidad Nacional de Colombia. He studies presidential policy agendas, the factors that explain the way they are and their dynamics in the colombian case. Juan has worked as profesor, at master and undergraduate level, teaching applied policy analysis, introduction to public policy, government and others. In addition to his doctorate, and his research group, Juan is working in Carlos Matus`s Social Game Theory as a public policy approach.
Background and education
- (2015 -Ongoing), Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- (2012)Magister in Comparative Public Policy, Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales FLACSO México.
- (2007) Political Scientist, Universiad Nacional de Colombia
2015. Doctoral Scholarship, National Program to Promote the Training of Researchers, Nº 647. COLCIENCIAS.
Professional memberships & affiliations
- Asociación Latinoamericana de Ciencia Política, ALACIP.
- Asociación Colombiana de Ciencia Política, ACCPOL.
- Research Group: Análisis de las Políticas Públicas y de la Gestión Pública (APPGP), Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
- Policy Theory
- Presidential Studies
- Agenda Setting
- Comparative public policy
- The colombian policy process