Interdisciplinary Research Seminar
This research seminar takes place as a complement to the series of lectures Aula Mediterrània 2021-2022, a result of the collaboration between the IEMed and the academic world. It brings together experts and the latest research on various topics related to the Mediterranean.
Wednesday 10th November 2021
11.00 – 11.45 Accreditations and coffee
11.45 – 12.00 Welcoming remarks by Senén Florensa, executive president, IEMed
12.00 – 14.00 Parallel sessions
- Session 1. From Mubarak to Al Sisi: evolutions of Egypt's economic policies
- Session 2. Models of reception of migrants and refugees in Mediterranean European countries: lessons learned and challenges for the future
14.00 – 14.30 Family photo
14.30 - 16.00 Lunch Break
16.00 – 16.30 Aula Mediterrània Awards Ceremony to the Best Master’s Dissertations. By Victoria Alsina Burgués, minister of Foreign Action and Open Government, Government of Catalonia; and Senén Florensa, executive president, IEMed.
16.30 – 18.30 Parallel sessions
- Session 3. Democracy, Islamism and international relations. Organised within the IBEI Master's in International Relations. Chair: Gabriel Garroum Pla, teaching fellow, IBEI
- "European foreign policy and hybrid actors in the Middle East" by Sharon Lecocq, PhD candidate at Leuven Institute for International and European Studies (LINES) and Leuven Center for Global Governance Studies (LCGGS), University of Leuven
- "A new Emirate on the Game Board: Taliban Foreign Relations" by Cristina Sala, communication assistant at CIDOB, Phd student and joint lecturer at UPF, and IBEI alumna
- Session 4. Modern societies faced to climate and health crises (XV-XIX centuries)
09.30 – 11.30 Parallel sessions
- Session 5. Reflections on the Arab-Israeli conflict today
- Session 6. Mediterranean cities and migration governance
11.30 - 12.00 Coffee Break
12.00 – 14.00 Closing session: Burning issues in the Maghreb
If you are interested in attending this Interdisciplinary Research Seminar, please contact Laia Mestres (email@example.com).