Information on coronavirus (COVID-19)
Classroom teaching at IBEI is suspended from Friday 13 March for the next three weeks, until 3 April. IBEI will move all teaching across onto an online synchronous platform through the Virtual Campus.
All academic activities to be delivered at IBEI (seminars, workshops, etc.) during this period will be cancelled or postponed, to avoid social contact as much as possible.
The UPF Campus and also IBEI will remain CLOSED, at least for next 2 weeks (from 16 March, 2020).
Facing the activation of the health alert by COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2), IBEI has created the following action protocol:
|📧 Specific queries: email@example.com|
You can follow the updated information and general recommendations on the websites of the universities:
- Information on coronavirus (COVID-19) - Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Information on the current situation of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 - Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Information coronavirus SARS-Cov-2 (Covidien-19) - Universitat de Barcelona
Other information and recommendations of interest:
- Washing your hands is a simple habit that brings great benefits
- The new coronavirus: some answers and many questions
General recommendations to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases for students, teachers and other staff at the centre:
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a disposable paper tissue. Do not cough or sneeze covering your mouth with your hands, as viruses will remain on your hand and if you touch the surface of a table, a railing, etc. they can remain active for some time.
- Keep your hands clean, wash them with soap and water for 20 seconds and wash them systematically after coughing or sneezing.
- Wipe your hands.
- Do not put your hands in contact with the mucous membranes of the eyes, nose or mouth if they have been exposed to surfaces that may be contaminated
- Air closed spaces for at least 15 minutes every day.
- Regularly clean and disinfect hard surfaces with the usual products.
- Clean tables, chairs, and, in general, all common areas frequently.
- Avoid sharing glasses, cutlery, toothbrushes and other items that may have been in contact with saliva or secretions.