Research Assistant, ETHNICGOODS project, ERC
Hana Srebotnjak is a research assistant at the ERC project "States, Nationalism, and the Relationship between Ethnic Diversity and Public Goods Provision (ETHNICGOODS)", coordinated by Dr. Matthias vom Hau.
Hana was born in Slovenia, an ex-Yugoslav Republic. Tracing the memory of the wars that happened in Yugoslavia in order to understand conflicts in general has marked her on a personal level and has influenced her academic interests later on. Hana studied modern history (MA) at the University of St Andrews (Scotland) and International Security (MA) at IBEI. She has also moved around a lot, which has made her particularly sensitive to the topic of immigration integration.
Background and education
- (2019) MA International Security, Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals (IBEI)
- (2016) MA Modern History, University of St Andrews
- Immigration and integration
- Peace and conflict studies
- Memory studies
- 2021.Bridging Regionalism and Secessionism: Territorial Autonomy Movements in the Iberian World.Cambridge University Press: Nationalities Papers,1 - 20Link
- 2016.Tracing the decline of Yugoslav identity: A case for 'invisible' ethnic cleansing.SPRAWY NARODOWOŚCIOWE Seria nowa / NATIONALITIES AFFAIRS New series,48/2016:65–84Link