[CANCELLED] Interdisciplinary research seminar | Imagining the Mediterranean to come
This event has been CANCELLED and it's NOT going to take place.
This research seminar takes place as a complement to the series of lectures Aula Mediterrània 2019-2020, a result of the collaboration between the IEMed and the academic world. It brings together experts and the latest research on various topics related to the Mediterranean.
Tuesday 24th March 2020
08.30 - 09.00 Registration
09.00 - 09.30 Welcome remarks
09.30 - 10.00 Challenges of the Mediterranean of the future. Debate among the winners of the awards on the best Master Dissertations with the participation of Josep Canals, secretary general of MedCities; Lola Bañon, associate professor of Journalism, Universitat de Valencia; and Lurdes Vidal, director of the Arab and Mediterranean World Division, IEMed; Affiliated Faculty, IBEI.
10.00 - 11.45 Parallel sessions
- Session 1. The role of Artificial lntelligence in North Africa's future
- Session 2. Return Migration and reintegration in the Mediterranean in critical perspective: between exogenous pressures and endogenous interests
11.45 - 12.15. Coffee break
12.15 - 14.00 Parallel sessions
- Session 3. Solidarity and internationalism in the WANA region. Transnational evolutions
- Session 4. Border externalization in the EU and new forms of violence in the Mediterranean
14.00 - 15.00 Lunch break
15.00 - 16.45 Parallel sessions
- Session 5. Energetic transition and energetic needs of South Mediterranean countries: convergence or conflict?
- Session 6. The Mediterranean in the modern era: space of nexus and conflict
16.45 - 18:30 Parallel sessions
- Session 7. Literary identities in the Mediterranean: visions and some considerations
- Session 8. Libya, a divided country and a broken society in a turbulent region
Wednesday 25th March 2020
09.00 - 10.45 Parallel sessions
- Session 9. Open Mic: Researching the Mediterranean
10.45 - 11.15 Coffee break
11.15 - 13.30 Parallel sessions
- Session 10. Translating and interpreting from Arabic to Spanish in European and international institutions: past and future of a professional career
- Session 11. Democracy, lslamism and lnternational Relations (Organised within the IBEI Master's in International Relations).
Chair: Esther Barbé, Senior Research Associate, IBEI; Professor of lnternational Relations, UAB
- "Democratization in Tunisia and the EU" Adrià Rivera, Predoctoral Fellow, IBEI
- "lslamist Movements in Post-Transitional Egypt" Cristina Sala, Alumna, IBEI; PhD Student, UPF; and Editorial Coordinator Support, IEMed
- "The Role of Non-State Actors in the lnternational Relations of Middle East and North Africa" Sharon Lecocq, PhD Researcher, Leuven lnternational and European Studies (UNES) lnstitute and Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies (LCGGS) of the University of Leuven. Visiting researcher, IBEI.