Academic & Career Seminar topics
ACADEMIC SEMINAR TOPICS
Students will participate in seminars that examine numerous sub-disciplines of International Affairs:
- Political Economy
- International Security
- International Development
- International Human Rights and Transitional Justice
- Peacebuilding and Conflict Resolution
- Refugees and Global Migration
- Environmental Issues
CAREER SEMINAR TOPICS
Students will explore the career options available in four key sectors:
- PUBLIC SECTOR: Public servants handle responsibilities on behalf of the state, such as promoting trade and conducting diplomacy.
- MULTILATERAL SECTOR: International civil servants work in regional and global agencies, secretariats and field offices, often collaborating across cultures to solve common problems using issue-specific expertise.
- NON-GOVERNMENTAL SECTOR: Non-governmental organisations (NGOs) are independent entities whose staff work to address global challenges across the various sub-disciplines of International Affairs.
- PRIVATE SECTOR: Multinational companies, legal and consulting firms seek professionals with knowledge of International Affairs to tackle challenges that are relevant to their businesses, such as risk assessment, corporate social responsibility, environmental sustainability and national security.
*Seminar topics and instructors may be subject to change.