Professora ajudant Ramón y Cajal
Dades de contacte
Irina Ciornei was previously Marie-Sklodowska Curie Research Fellow at IBEI with the project "The missing pillar. European social policy and Eurosceptic challenges" (SOCIALEU) where she investigated the relationship between supranational social policy and Euroscepticism based on an original methodology that combines qualitative inquiry and experimental research.
Irina's work focuses on topics related to European politics, immigrant incorporation and public policy implementation.
Irina holds a PhD in Political Science from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Previously, she was also Senior Research Fellow at the University of Bern. In her previous work she dealt with the transnationalisation of party politics, emigrant political participation and governance of morality policies. She published her work in the Journal of Common Market Studies, West European Politics and Party Politics.
- (2014) PhD, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- 2022. The Gordon Smith and Vincent Wright Memorial Prize per l'article 'Political parties and Muslims in Europe: the regulation of Islam in public education' del qual és coautora. Enllaç
- 2019. MSCA Individual Fellowship
- Governança i implementació de polítiques
- La política i la presa de polítiques europees
Clústers de recerca de l'IBEI
- The Securitization of Migrants and Ethnic Minorities and the Rise of Xenophobia in the EU (SECUREU) (Investigador/a)
- Crisis-Equity-Democracy for Europe and Latin America (CRISEUL) (Investigador/a)
SOCIALEU-European social policy and eurosceptic challenges (2019-2021). MSCA-IF (Principal Investigator)
Religion and morality policy – An analysis of the influence of religious groups during the implementation stage (2017-2020). Funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) and the German Science Foundation (DFG). PI University of Bern: Christian Joppke; Irina Ciornei. PI LMU Munich: Christoph Knill, Eva-Marie Euchner.
Publicacions més destacades
- 2022.Regulatory intermediaries and value conflicts in policy implementation: Religious organizations and life-and-death policies in Belgium.Regulation & Governance,Enllaç
- 2022.The regulation of Islam in public education: bringing political parties back in.West European Politics,45(5):1003-1032 (winner of the Gordon Smith and Vincent Write Memorial Prize)Enllaç
- 2021.Solidarity in Europe: from crisis to policy?.Acta Politica,56:209–219Enllaç
- 2020.Transnational turnout. Determinants of emigrant voting in home country elections.Political Geography,Vol. 23, AprilEnllaç
- 2019.Making the absent present: political parties and emigrant issues in country of origin parliaments.Party Politics,25(2):153-166
- 2019.Why do parties support emigrant voting rights?.European Political Science Review,11(3):377-394Enllaç
- 2019.Political parties and the transnational mobilization of the emigrant vote.West European Politics,42(3):618-644Enllaç
- 2019.Solidarities in Europe.In:
Recchi E. et al (eds).Everyday Europe: Social Transnationalism in an Unsettled Continent.London:Policy Press.Enllaç
- 2017.The sources of European solidarity? Assessing the effects of cross-border practices and political attitudes.Journal of Common Market Studies,55(3):468-485Enllaç
- 2014.The political candidacy of EU migrants in their countries of residence. The case of British and Romanians standing in Spanish local elections.Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies,40(9):1375-1393