Gabriel Garroum Pla
King’s College London (United Kingdom)
PhD Candidate (KCL), Teaching Assistant (KCL, ESADE)
Datos de contacto
Gabriel Garroum Pla is currently finishing an Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)-funded PhD in War Studies (King’s College London). Gabriel is an interdisciplinary researcher specialised in International Relations and Middle East Politics (BA Universitat Pompeu Fabra, MSc SOAS London). Born into a Syrian-Catalan family, his main research areas include political violence, critical IR theory, contemporary security issues, and critical geopolitics. Also he is a Teaching Assistant at ESADE and often contributes to different Spanish and International media outlets regarding the politics of the Middle East (for a list of contributions see reorientats.com).
He is also a member of the Research Centre in International Relations (King's College London) and co-director of "Això era casa meva/This Was My Home "(2019), a documentary on the Syrian civil war premiered at the British Film Institute. He has lived in Spain, the United Kingdom, Turkey, and Lebanon.
- (2014) MSc Middle East Politics, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
- (2012) BA Political Science, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
- 2016-2020. Doctoral grant awarded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) of the United Kingdom.
Charlas y conferencias
- Gabriel Garroum, “Whose Aleppo? The Politics of Representing, Experiencing, and Researching the City at War”, presented at the Millennium Annual Conference, 19-20 October 2019, London, United Kingdom.
- Gabriel Garroum, “The Everyday Impact of Foreign Presence in Wartime Urban Spaces: Lived Experiences and Political Subjectivity in Aleppo and Damascus”, presented at the International Studies Association (ISA) Annual Convention, 27-30 March 2019, Toronto, Canada.