Investigador Beatriu de Pinós
Dades de contacte
Charles is an Assistant Professor and Beatriu de Pinós Research Fellow at the Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI). His research explores the transformations occurring in our system of global governance and how these are shaping—for better or worse—our ability to address cross-border problems. Substantively, it focuses on informal and transnational institutions in the fields of climate change, international trade, finance, and antitrust.
Charles's recent books include The Origins of Informality: Why the Legal Foundations of Global Governance are Shifting, and Why It Matters (OUP, 2020) and Transnational Climate Change Governance (CUP, 2014; coauthored with Harriet Bulkeley et al.). His research has also been published in journals like Global Policy, International Interactions, International Studies Quarterly, International Studies Review, and the Review of International Organizations.
Before joining IBEI, Charles was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Toronto. He has also worked with the United Nations and other organizations in various consulting roles, including as a member of the UN High-Level Expert Group on Climate Change, Energy and Low-Carbon Development in Africa and as a contributing author of the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
- (2016) PhD, University of British Columbia
- (2008) MSc, London School of Economics
- (2007) BA, Concordia University
2014. Runner-up, Harold and Margaret Sprout Award, International Studies Association.
2019. Beatriu de Pinós Fellowship.
- Teoria de les relacions Internacionals
- Organitzacions internacionals
- Dret internacional
- Economia política internacional
- Política Ambiental Global
Clústers de recerca de l'IBEI
Publicacions més destacades
- 2020.The Origins of Informality: Why the Legal Foundation of Global Governance are Shifting, and Why It Matters.Oxford:Oxford University Press.Enllaç
- 2018.Three Models of Global Climate Governance: From Kyoto to Paris and Beyond.Global Policy,9(4)Enllaç
- 2018.Introduction: Climate Governance After Paris.Global Policy,9(4)Enllaç
- 2018.The Comparative Politics of Transnational Climate Governance.London:Routledge.Enllaç
- 2017.The Comparative Politics of Transnational Climate Governance.International Interactions,43(1)Enllaç
- 2017.National Policy and Transnational Governance of Climate Change: Substitutes or Complements?.International Studies Quarterly,61(2)Enllaç
- 2016.Africa in the Global Climate Change Negotiations.International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics,16(1)Enllaç
- 2016.The Rise of Transnational Governance as a Field of Study.International Studies Review,18(3)Enllaç
- 2014.Transnational Climate Change Governance.Cambridge:Cambridge University Press.Enllaç
- 2014.Orchestration and Transnational Climate Governance.Review of International Organizations,9(1)Enllaç
- 2013.Private Authority.International Studies Review,15 (4)Enllaç
- 2013.Global Governance at Risk.Cambridge:Polity Press.Enllaç
- 2013.Climate Governance in the Developing World.Cambridge:Polity Press.Enllaç