Investigador predoctoral, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Datos de contacto
Lewin Schmitt is a PhD candidate at the department of Political and Social Sciences at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra. In his research, he investigates the EU’s role in the global governance of artificial intelligence.
Prior to that, he was a predoctoral researcher at IBEI within the framework of the H2020 research project "GLOBE- Global Governance and the European Union: Future Trends and Scenarios".
Lewin worked as a Policy Analyst at the European Political Strategy Centre (EPSC), the European Commission’s in-house think tank. There, he focused on the nexus of technology and geopolitics, especially the impact of technological change on European strategic autonomy.
Prior to joining the EPSC, he worked at the German Institute for Economic Research, on the editing board of St Antony's International Review and as an independent consultant. He holds a BSc in European Economic Studies from the University of Bamberg (2016) and an MSc in Latin American Studies from the University of Oxford (2017).
- (2017) MSc in Latin American Studies, University of Oxford
- (2016) BSc in European Economic Studies, University of Bamberg
- 2021. Global Challenges Talent Award, CIDOB (Barcelona Centre for International Affairs) and Banco Sabadell Foundation.
Publicaciones más destacadas
- 2022.Global Governance Research. Exploring Patterns of Growth, Diversity, and Inclusion.Global Governance: A Review of Multilateralism and International Organizations,28(4):486-508Enlace
- 2022.AI at the Gates: Present and Future of AI Border Management.In:
Kausch, Kristina (dir.).Liberty’s Doom? Artificial Intelligence in Middle Eastern Security.EUROMESCO joint policy study.Enlace
- 2022.International Organizations and the Future of Global Governance. Technical Report - GLOBE Survey.IBEI Working Papers,2022/58.Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals.Enlace
- 2022.Contested views? Tracing European positions on lethal autonomous weapon systems.European Security,31 (2):242-261. DOI: 10.1080/09662839.2021.2007476Enlace
- 2021.Mapping global AI governance: a nascent regime in a fragmented landscape.AI and Ethics,Enlace
- 2021.What’s in a tweet? Twitter’s impact on public opinion and EU foreign affairs.Documents CIDOB,11Enlace
- 2020.Global AI governance and the Brussels effect.GLOBE Blog,Enlace
- 2020.COVID-19: Time to Put Strategic Foresight at the Heart of Leadership.GLOBE Blog,Enlace