New edition of the Sant Pau Summer Studies Series: Global Affairs Summer Scholars Programme 2018
Global Affairs Summer Scholars Programme
July 2-6, 2018
The Global Affairs Summer Scholars Programme (GASS) is an intensive, one-week pre-university programme in international affairs for IB and Baccalaureate students.
GASS is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for students to gain first-hand exposure to International Affairs and its exciting sub-disciplines, while also getting a first taste of their future life as a university student.
The programme is taught in English, and jointly offered by the Barcelona International Public Policy Hub (BIPP HUB) and the Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals (IBEI).
Students will participate in seminars that examine key issues in the sub-disciplines of International Affairs. Seminar titles will include:
- The Study of International Relations
- Global Order in Transition
- Refugees and Global Migration
- International Security
- Security in Africa
- Human Rights and Transitional Justice
- International Environmental Politics
- Paris, Trump, China – Climate Change Politics
- Conflict Prevention and Conflict ResolutioN
- International Development
- The Rise of the BRICS
- Globalisation and the Use of Technology and Social Media
- International Political Economy
- Latin American Politics
- Technology as a tool in Peacebuilding
Application deadline: May 26, 2018. Early application is recommended, as applications are reviewed as soon as they are received and enrolment is limited. Applications will only be accepted when submitted online to: email@example.com.
Tuition fee: 450EUR. BIPP HUB and IBEI are committed to making the GASS Program affordable to all motivated students who qualify and will offer reductions in the tuition fee where needed, as well as flexible payment options permitting the tuition to be paid over three months.
More information about the programme can be found here.