Leire Rincón García
Predoctoral Fellow FPI
I am a predoctoral fellow at the University of Barcelona, where I am enrolled in the program of Law and Political Science, holding a FPI grant at IBEI, linked to the project of ‘Transparency policy in a context of multilevel governance’ coordinated by Laura Chaqués. My thesis will be looking at the basic income policy and debate in a comparative perspective. Previously, I have done a Master’s in Political Analysis and Institutional Advising at the University of Barcelona. During this time, I also collaborated with the Spanish Policy Agendas Project, most notably within the projects of Transparency in a multilevel context of governance and Interest Group representation in Spain. Before this, I worked within the Cultural Attaché Office of the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Madrid. I also hold a BSc on Politics and International Relations from the University of Bath in the UK.
Background and education
- (2017 -) PhD in Political Science, Universitat de Barcelona
- (2017) Essex/Nuffield CESS Experimental Summer School, University of Oxford
- (2015-2016) Masters' Political Analysis and Institutional Advising, Universitat de Barcelona
- (2010-2014) Bsc Politics and International Relations, Univeristy of Bath
2014. The Bath Award.
2016. Award to the Best Academic Record, Masters' on Political Analysis and Institutional Advising.
Professional memberships & affiliations
- Spanish Political Science and Administration Association (AECPA).
- Basic income
- Policy change
- Agenda Setting
- Social Movements
- interest groups
- ECPR (EUROPEAN CONSORTIUM FOR POLITICAL RESEARCH) STUDENT GRADUATE CONFERENCE | TARTU, ESTONIA | JULY 2016
Rincon Garcia, Leire. 2016. Media coverage of civil society during the discussion of transparency legislation in Spain, 1996-2016
Discussant/commentator in the communication media Panel
- 16TH SYMPOSIUM ON BASIC INCOME | BILBAO | SEPTEMBER 2016*
Rincon Garcia, Leire. A qualitative discussion on the windows of opportunity for a basic income policy in the Basque country
- 2017. POLEXP Grant to attend the 2017 Essex/Nuffield CESS Experimental Summer School.
- 2017. Grant to attend the Course: Text Mining using Quanteda package with R, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), London, UK. Funded by the European Research Council Grant ERC-2011-StG 283794-QUANTESS.
- 2017-2021. Pre-doctoral scholarship: FPI Grant (Research Training Grant). Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
- 2015 – 2017. Research Assistant of the Spanish Policy Agendas project, Universitat de Barcelona, financed with the ICREA academia grant (IP: L. Chaqués-Bonafont.