Predoctoral Fellow, GLOBAL INDIA project, Marie S. Curie European Training Network, H2020
Lara Klossek is a PhD candidate and she has obtained a predoctoral contract from the European Commission to develop her research at IBEI in collaboration with the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Her PhD is conducted within the framework of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie European Training Network on explaining global India. She holds a Master’s degree in South Asian Studies with a focus on Political Science and History from the University of Heidelberg and a B.A. degree in Political Science and South Asian Studies from the University of Heidelberg. Her thesis will examine the differences and similarities of India's and the EU's role in the UN, which corresponds with her prior research interests in Indian politics and International Relations theory.
Background and education
- (2017) Master of Arts in South Asian Studies, Heidelberg University
- (2014) Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and South Asian Studies, Heidelberg University
- International Relations
- South Asian Politics and History (Special Focus on India)
IBEI Research Clusters
- 2021.The Female ‘Boot on the Ground’: Indian Ambivalence Over Gender Mainstreaming in UN Peacekeeping Operations.International Peacekeeping,DOI: 10.1080/13533312.2021.1880899Link
- 2020.Breaking Glass Ceiling? Mapping EU-India Security Cooperation.ORF Issue Brief,No. 410, October 2020, Observer Research FoundationLink
- 2020.“Training for peace” – a universal practise? How micro processes are impacting the likelihood of an EU–India cooperation in peacekeeping.European Security,DOI: 10.1080/09662839.2020.1767601Link
- 2014.Liquid Democracy in mittelständischen Unternehmen. Umsetzung, Chancen und Risiken.Diversity Management. Vorteile statt Vorurteile.ed. Voker Oberkircher and Benjamin Edinger,pp: 73-81.
2018. EU and India's Peacekeeping Engagement in Africa - Normative clashes over incompatible approaches? Paper presented at the 12th Pan-European Conference on International relations, 12-15 September 2018, Prague
2018. India and the European Union in Peacekeeping - Role Conflicts or Adaptation? Paper presented at the 'Ireland India Institute Conference on South Asia' at DCU, 26-27th April 2018