Associate Professor of Political Science, Universidad Diego Portales
Jorge Gordin is Associate Professor of Political Science at Universidad Diego Portales, Chile and Executive Editor of the Journal of Politics in Latin America. Previously, he was Senior Research Fellow at the German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg and held visiting positions at Universität Hamburg, Leuphana Universität Lüneburg, and the Fundação Getulio Vargas, Sao Paulo. He has published numerous peer-reviewed articles in the fields of comparative political economy, institutional design and federalism and he is the Principal Investigator of the research project, The Architecture of Diversity: Institutional Design and Conflict Management in the Americas, funded by the International Development Research Centre, Canada. Gordin is also leading a research project on the fiscal effects of legislative malapportionment in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico funded by the Chilean National Fund for Scientific and Technological Research, FONDECYT. He obtained his Ph.D. at the University of Pittsburgh, USA and his MA and BA are from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, where he has worked as research and policy advisor for the Knesset (Israeli Parliament)
- 2018.Aprendizajes políticos entre la Unión Europea y América Latina.Santiago:RIL editors.Link
- 2017.Institutional Innovation and the Steering of Conflicts in Latin America.Colchester:ECPR Press, (forthcoming in paperback edition).
- 2017.The Price of Institutional Design: Biased Territorial Representation and Argentina´s Great Depression, 1998-2002.Journal of Policy History,29, 1:34-57
- 2016.Federalism and the Politics of Fiscal Responsibility Laws: Argentina and Brazil in Comparative Perspective.Policy Studies,37, 3:236-253
- 2012.América Latina-Unión Europea/Unión Europea- América Latina: integración regional y birregionalismo.Zaragoza:Prensas de la Universidad de Zaragoza.
- 2009.Regionalizing Patronage?: Federal Resource Allocation and Party Politics in Spain.Regional and Federal Studies,19, 3:399-413
- 2006.Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations, Argentine Style.Journal of Public Policy,26, 3, 2006:255-277
- 2002.The Political and Partisan Determinants of Patronage in Latin America, 1960-1994: A Comparative Perspective.European Journal of Political Research,41, 4, June 2002:513-549
- 2001.The Electoral Fate of Ethnoregionalist Parties in Western Europe: A Boolean Test of Extant Explanations.Scandinavian Political Studies,24, 2, May 2001:149-171