Research Assistant, EURONCP project
Ilgi Hamarat is a PhD candidate in Political and Social Sciences at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Currently, she works as a research assistant for EURONCP at IBEI.
Ilgi earned her Master's in Economics and Business Administration with a specialization in Public Policy from Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Public Administration with honors from the Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, and with a minor degree in European Studies.
Her research at UPF focuses on interest group influence in European Union environmental and climate change policies, committed to making a meaningful contribution to global challenges through her academic work.
Background and education
- (2020) PhD Candidate, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- (2018-2019) Master’s in Economics and Business Administration, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- (2010-2015) Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Public Administration, Middle East Technical University
- (2013-2015) Minor Degree in European Studies, Middle East Technical University
- International Political Economy
- Public Policy
- Environmental Policies
- interest groups
IBEI Research Clusters
- The Europeanization of national competition policies (EURONCP) (Research Assistant)