General conditions of academic procedures management
Purpose of the contract:
The purpose of the online application portal for academic services and documents is to enable any IBEI student or former student to apply for and pay online for the following academic services and documents: academic certificates or academic transcripts, enrolment in curricular or extracurricular internships, official degree diplomas, legalisation of foreign degrees and recognition of credits from university-specific degrees for official degrees (only for students who completed the Master's in International Relations before 2010-2011).
The use of this service will imply the full and unreserved acceptance of each and every one of the general conditions contained in its last updated version, or those that may be accepted for each specific service.
In order to apply for academic services and documents through this website, the following steps must be taken:
- Filling the applicant’s identification and contact data in the corresponding section.
- Naming the master's degree taken by the applicant, specifying the academic year.
- Selecting the specific service or document requested.
- Accepting service terms and conditions.
- Redirection to the payment gateway, for the payment of handling fees.
- A notification of receipt will be sent by email. This email message contains the information provided by the applicant and will serve as proof of the request.
The electronic document with your application form will not be stored. We recommend that you save the notification of receipt of your request.
You will be warned if you fail to fill in any mandatory fields. You will also be able to modify the data provided when completing the application form. Should you notice any inaccurate data after receipt of the notification of receipt, please contact the Admissions or Academic Management Department for it to be corrected.
The application process can be carried out in Spanish, English, Catalan and Spanish.
The prices on this website are quoted in Euros, and our services are not subject to VAT.
The current prices at any given time are available on the website in the same place where you must provide the data for your request.
The payment for the documents or services requested will be made by Visa, MasterCard or Maestro credit cards, through a bank payment gateway. Payment can also be made via iupay.
Shipping and delivery:
An e-mail will be sent to inform you of the handling of the documents requested and of the possibility that the student will personally pick them up at IBEI. If you are unable to collect the certifications in person, you may be sent a scanned copy by e-mail or the original by post.
- In person: You may pick up your diploma at the IBEI Academic Office, at any time, by signing an official document of receipt of your original diploma. You will need to send a copy of your valid ID card or passport. You must also send the receipt for payment of the issuing fee for the original master's diploma. Students who wish to pick up their diploma at the IBEI Academic Office should contact us at email@example.com beforehand.
- Collection of the diploma at the IBEI office by an authorised person. In that case, you need to grant a limited power of attorney, in Spanish, to the person who is going to collect the diploma, authorising him/her for this specific purpose ("specific powers to collect the diploma"). If you are not in Spain, the best option would be to apply for this POA from the nearest Spanish consulate in your country of residence. Otherwise, you will have to go to a notary to grant powers and have the document legalised (by stamping the document with the Hague Apostille or, if your country of residence has not signed the Hague Convention, having the document stamped by the Ministry of Education and the nearest Spanish consulate), and translated, if the authorisation was not issued in Spanish. The authorised person must sign the receipt that he/she has collected the original degree diploma on your behalf.
- If neither of the first two options is feasible for you, we can also send the diploma, by registered mail, to the nearest Spanish Consulate/Embassy to your current residence, where you can pick it up and sign an acknowledgement of receipt of your original diploma. The Consulate will send us your acknowledgement of receipt. If you wish to use this option, you must send us a scanned copy of your formal application to receive your diploma through a Spanish Consulate/Embassy, with your signature, indicating your passport number, current address and telephone number, and also the address of the nearest Spanish Consulate/Embassy where you wish your diploma to be sent. You can check the following link to find the Spanish Consulate/Embassy closest to your current residence: http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Portal/en/ServiciosAlCiudadano/Paginas/EmbajadasConsulados.aspx
You must also attach a copy of your valid ID/passport.
Modification or cancellation policy:
There is no provision for refunds –the documents or services requested are handled as soon as the request has been received.
Right of Withdrawal:
In any case, remember that the exercise of the right of withdrawal contemplated in Law 3/2014, General Law of Consumers and Users, will not be applicable to the on-line request of academic documents and services, since these are provided according to the specifications of the consumer and user and clearly personalized, and handled immediately upon their being requested.
The data you provide during the entire process will be used to handle your request and enable the provision of services, as well as to contact you, and will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Policy.
Applicable law and competent jurisdiction:
These general contracting conditions are governed by Spanish Law. If you are a consumer, any dispute arising out of or in connection with the total or partial validity, execution, compliance or resolution of the present conditions, will be subject to the Courts of the State in which you have your current residence.
The European Commission, pursuant to Art. 14.1 of Regulation (EU) 524/2013, provides an online consumer dispute resolution platform which is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ Consumers may submit their complaints via the online dispute resolution platform.