Audiovisual materials from GLOBE Research Project
Funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme, the finished Research Project Global Governance and the European Union: Future Trends and Scenarios (GLOBE) coordinated by Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI), addressed the strategic priorities identified in the EU Global Strategy such as – trade, development, security and climate change – as well as migration and global finance, in order to identify the major roadblocks to effective and coherent global governance by multiple stakeholders in a multipolar world.
Over the last four years, GLOBE project featured more than 30 books and reached a truly global audience with participants from all parts of the world, through various webinars, roundtables, and online panels. Below you will find all the sessions that were recorded on video, available at GLOBE's YouTube Channel.
Many of the GLOBE webinars are also included as supplementary material in the brand-new GLOBE Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Global Governance.
GLOBE has brought together an academic consortium of ten partners from eight countries, composed of European and international academics and policy-makers, including:
- Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (Spain)
- ESADE (Spain)
- Facultad Latinoamericana Ciencias Sociales - FLACSO (Argentina)
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel)
- ISGlobal - Barcelona Institute of Global Health (Spain)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven - KU Leuven (Belgium)
- Peking University (China)
- Universitas Bina Nusantara (Indonesia)
- University College London (UK)
- Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung - WZB (Germany)
The strength of this consortium lies in the first-class academic expertise of top European and international scholars, which guaranteed not only high-level analysis of the past and present problems of global governance but also a set of solid forward-looking trends and scenarios.