Dades de contacte
David Castells-Quintana is PhD in Economics by the University of Barcelona (UB) and currently works as (Serra Hunter) Lecturer Professor in the Department of Applied Economics at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB), and as adjunct lecturer at the UAB Fundation (FUAB). He also collaborates with several national and international universities and research groups, including Paris-Sorbonne, Science-Po Aix-en-Provence, Universidad Javeriana, Universidad del Norte, AQR-IREA at the UB, ESADE Foundation, and the IBEI. He is also part of the Spanish Network of Development Studies (REEDES).
He has been part of the research team of several regional, national and international research projects. His research interests are focused on Economic Geography, Urban and Development Economics, and he is currently working on issues related to urbanisation, inequalities and the interplay between climate change and socio-economic dynamics.
He has recently published "Our Elusive Quest for Prosperity: A Brief History of Economic Thought" (Ediciones UAB 2021).
- (2015) PhD in Economics, Universitat de Barcelona
- Economia del desenvolupament
- Economia Urbana
Publicacions més destacades
- 2022.Population displacement and urban conflict: Global evidence from more than 3300 flood events.Journal of Development Economics,158Enllaç
- 2021.Air pollution in an urban world: A global view on density, cities and emissions.Ecological Economics,189Enllaç
- 2021.The urbanising force of global warming: the role of climate change in the spatial distribution of population.Journal of Economic Geography,21 (4):531-556Enllaç
- 2018.Adaptation to climate change: a review through a development economics lens.World Development,104:183-196Enllaç
- 2017.Malthus living in a slum: Urban concentration, infrastructure and economic growth.Journal of Urban Economics,98:158-173Enllaç